Account Executive, Entry-level
Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events (now virtual) and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events/webinars each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
At Bisnow, we believe the interview process is a two way street. We ask that you interview us during this process as much as we plan to interview you. At Bisnow, we expect people to believe in our mission, our vision and our values. We don’t simply put these words on a wall. We hire, we fire, we promote, we demote, we bonus or don’t bonus, based on our mission, vision and values. So please, take them as seriously as we promise to take your application. Thank you.
This position is called Delivery Manager internally. It is our junior-level role on the Account Management team. There's tons of room for career growth to an Account Exec and then a Client Success Manager. We love career growth! This role reports into the Director, Product & Operations.
- Work with a positive, cross-functional team on an everyday basis to make certain each piece of inventory that a client purchases is delivered seamlessly.
- Flawless execution of each sale to ensure client expectations are met, and as frequently as possible, exceeded.
- Work with our Sales Executives AND Client Success Managers to become the all-important point of contact for all event sponsorship clients.
- Monitor and care for all post-sale client deliverables: obtaining all necessary digital/event page collateral (eg. photo, bio, logo, ad creative etc.)
- Own client preparation/sponsor experience leading up to each event: confirming sponsor attendee list, providing event set up instructions, gathering shipping details, etc.
- Own client preparation/sponsor experience leading up to each ad/content campaign: run dates, deadlines, ad specs.
- Communicate client needs with ad delivery team, event coordination team, sales team, production team and accounting.
- Follow up post event or digital ad placement to ensure excellent experience.
- Analyze event feedback to ensure each topic is followed up on.
- Constantly innovate our digital and event series, bringing fresh ideas to the table to improve attendee & client experience.
- Provide feedback from clients to internal departments in an effort to improve Bisnow performance.
- Build lasting relationships with all clients that ultimately lead to continued account growth.
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
“Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
“Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
“Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.