Talent Acquisition Specialist
Bisnow is the commercial real estate industry’s leading B2B platform across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to branded content and jobs, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reach 18 million all-digital readers, thousands of job seekers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
At Bisnow, we believe the interview process is a two-way street. We ask that you interview us during this process as much as we plan to interview you. We expect people to believe in our mission, our vision and our values. We don’t simply put these words on a wall. We hire, we fire, we promote, we demote, we bonus or don’t bonus, based on our mission, vision and values. So please, take them as seriously as we promise to take your application. Thank you.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting for multiple, complex searches, creating innovative sourcing strategies and engagement to bring the best talent to Bisnow.
- Understand how business goals affect the full hiring landscape and anticipate how organizational changes may improve hiring needs
- Be the subject matter expert on the recruiting process within assigned roles
- Recruit candidates through sourcing on multiple channels (LinkedIn, Indeed, association websites), reviewing incoming applicants, and maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate
- Collaborate closely with Hiring Managers throughout the recruiting process to ensure we meet their hiring needs and goals
- Acting as the main point person for the entire process and conducting first-round interviews via phone, Zoom, and in-person
- Recognize that top-tier talent will not come to you. You will need to strategize fresh ideas in order to fill your pipeline with every “potential Bisnow fit” which comes your way. This includes:
- Ensure that the full recruitment life cycle is streamlined, through strong communication with Bisnow's Exec Team and hiring managers
- Building and retaining professional relationships within the Media, Events, and Commercial Real Estate industries
- Regularly attending networking events and career fairs to recruit talent
- Serve as a champion for scaling the culture, community and Diversity & Inclusion within Bisnow as part of our People Ops Team, helping to build connections, reinforce our values and participate in special projects
- Provide newly hired Hiring Managers with guidance and initial “recruiter on-boarding” to help them acclimate to proper processes and systems to follow
- Complete 30/60/90 check-ins with all new hires to ensure a successful on-boarding and acclimation process
Expectations and Strengths:
- 3+ years of experience sourcing and recruiting
- A track record sourcing and hiring passive candidates
- Experience with Recruitee, Lever, Greenhouse, Jobvite, Taleo, or other forms of applicant tracking systems or CRMs
- Ability to multi-task and work in a 100 mile per hour, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, organizational and written skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and a team player
- Someone with the specific skill-set listed above, sure, but more importantly, we want individuals who are HIGHLY capable of collaborating with others. We value problem-solvers. Doers. Colleagues who think of ways to further our corporate evolution and who want to do that together
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well.
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation.
- Health, dental, vision, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees.
- You’ll get to work with smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
“Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go-getters, this could be your dream career.
“Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
“Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.